Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Trip to Michigan

This year we switched it up a bit and took our annual fall trip to the western Michigan coast.
The trees were beautiful and the air was crisp and cool. We had a wonderful time!
Here I am running my way through an apple orchard.


We had fun (and got muddy-yeah!!) picking our own apples and pumpkins in Fennville.



Finding the perfect apple. (Which looked delicious but I later insisted on french fries instead-I wish those grew on trees too).


My favorite part was visiting Oval Beach in Saugatuk. It is right along Lake Michigan and is a huge dune beach...which for me translates to "worlds largest sandbox". Mom and Dad had to drag me back into the car when it was time to leave but I made sure I had plenty of sand in my shoes to bring back home with us! Here is a photo of Daddy and I sitting in front of the sunset on a nice sandy mountain.




Mommy and I watching the sunset at Oval Beach.



We made our way over to Grand Rapids for a day so I could explore in the Children's Museum there. My favorite part was the bubble table (which was fine my mommy since she said it was keeping my hands clean and away from gross flu germs she is freaking out about!)




Daddy enjoyed helping me (a little too much according to Mommy) making super huge bubbles we could stand inside.



We also visited the Aviation Museum in Kalamazoo. Here I am doing my best "pretend fly" inside one of the hangers.